Housing and Residential Life
Housing and Dining Services assists with your Housing and Dining account and questions concerning your housing contract. Visit us 24 hours a day online, during office hours, by telephone, or in person at the Streit-Perham Administrative Suite. We are happy to help you!
Financial Information Release
As a parent of a first time student, you may have previously been given access to your student’s records without needing Third Party Access (TPA) from your student. Under FERPA guidelines (opens new window) starting August 21st, the first day of classes, TPA will be required before Housing & Dining Financial Services is able to share any detailed information regarding your student’s account. TPA is granted by students accessing their my.wsu.edu account and going to >Main Menu> Self Service> Third Party Access. Watch step by step video instructions for TPA. Although many students simply share their access with parents, please note that without TPA detailed financial information cannot be shared or discussed without the student present.
Inventory Review and Work Order How-to
After you have checked in to your room you will receive an email confirming that you are checked in. This email documents the condition of your room at the time you check in, lists all currently damaged items (if any) and contains a link to the "Student Inventory Review" page.
You can also use the link in that you will find in the myHousingContract page
The "Student Inventory Review" page is the page you will use to verify the current condition of your room and/or to request repairs to additional items.
You will need to log-in to your housing contract to access the Student Inventory Review page.
To Report New Damage
1. Click "Report New Damage" (Note: this button will disappear 48 hours after you have checked in to your hall.)
The damage reporting screen will pop up.
2. Use the dropdown menu to select the item for which you want to submit a report.
3. Indicate the type of damage, write a description of the damage and upload a photo.
4. Click "Add Damage Condition" to finish your report.
Your submitted record will show up in the Room Conditions section of your eRIA.
To Submit a Work Order
1. Click on "Request Work Order" and fill out the requested details.
2. Click "Submit" to send out the work order request.
Rental Release Information
Rental Release Information
Please be advised that the Buckley Amendment does not allow us to give any information on your WSU Housing and Dining account without a written release from you. If you would like us to release your rental dates to a specific landlord or mortgage lender, please have the landlord or mortgage lender fax your written authorization to 509-335-3415.
If you would like to provide your payment history for campus housing to future landlords or mortgage lenders, please follow the instructions below to access the information in myWSU.
How to access Housing Payment History
1. Go to my.wsu.edu and find the Campus Finances section.
2. Click on "Go to my Campus Finance Account" (highlighted in yellow above).
3. Choose the desired activity and the date range. Portal will show charges and payments.
The fastest and safest way for WSU to deliver funds is for us to send it directly to the student's personal bank account.
We strongly recommend the student go to myWSU -->select Self Service -->Campus Finances -->Enroll in direct deposit.
If you need to change your bank account information for a current direct deposit, go to myWSU -->select Self Service -->Campus Finances -->Manage my Bank Accounts.
Once the new checking account information has been entered, click on the modify direct deposit link and follow the steps to select the new banking information.
Some points to remember about Direct Deposit:
- We can only deposit into domestic United States bank accounts or credit unions.
- Communications are sent to the student's official WSU email address when a direct deposit has been sent to the bank. The funds will generally be available in their bank account within three business days after it appears on their WSU student account.
Snail Mail Paper Checks
If the student does not use Direct Deposit, any check will be mailed to the student's Primary Mailing Address which the student maintains on myWSU. WSU assumes the student has entered the correct address and will mail all actual checks to that address. A check sent to an address the student has failed to update will not be re-issued for 10 working days.
The above does not include your paycheck. Click here to enroll in Payroll Services Direct Deposit
WiFi and Tech Support
WiFi and Tech Support
Connect to WiFi
- Locate the WiFi settings on your device
- WSU ResNet' for mobile devices (phones)/laptops/desktops
- 'WSU ResNet Guest' for TV's, game consoles, Roku, etc.
- When prompted, enter your credentials. Some of these may be handled automatically:
- Identity/Username: Your NID (your email WITHOUT ‘@wsu.edu’)
- Password: Your MyWSU Password
- CA Certificate: Don’t validate
- Anonymous Identity: Leave blank
- Phase 2 Authentication: None
- EAP Method: PEAP
- IP Settings: DHCP Proxy: None
To see how to set up devices that don’t traditionally play nicely with our network, please visit our how-to guide here. Additional network information can be found on the Network Service Agreement page.
Need Tech Assistance?
Residential Technology Assistance (RTA) is available to Cougs in residence halls and WSU-owned apartments. We can troubleshoot accessing the internet and TV streaming, using educational technology, making the most of my.wsu.edu, printing, and other common tech issues. Submit a ticket to request help from RTA.
ResNet Support Phone #: 509-335-1586 - This is only answered during normal business hours. If you go to voicemail, you must leave a message including your name (include how to spell your name), your building and room/unit number and a brief description of the problem. The voicemail will create a help desk ticket. Note that support is only offered Monday thru Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM.
You may need to contact an outside vendor for hardware repair, upgrades, and other major issues..