WSU Housing and Residence Life

Housing and Residential Life

Yakama Village

Yakama apartments with balconies
  • My Apartment Complex

    My Apartment Coordinator

    Apt. #: 703
    Phone: 509/335-0646

    Our Address

    North (Units: A-C)
    675 SE Forest Way
    Pullman, WA 99163

    South (Units: D-Q)
    775 SE Forest Way
    Pullman, WA 99163

    Walking time to the CUB: 10 minutes
    Walking time to the Student Recreation Center: 20 minutes
    Walking time to the Stephenson Fitness Center: 8 minutes

  • Complex Information

    Yakama Village features one, two and three bedroom apartments in either a flat (living area all on one floor), or townhouse (living room, kitchen and dining room downstairs; bedrooms and bathroom upstairs) style.

    Yakama is the only complex to provide washers and dryers in units with hook-ups (one bedroom townhouse and all of the two and three bedroom units). All units with hookups are provided with complementary washers and dryers. Yakama is also the only complex that has individual natural gas furnaces and hot water heaters in all one, two and three bedroom apartments. Each apartment has its own patio or deck. Located on the deck/patio is a lockable storage closet for the resident to use.

    The university provides TV, Internet, water, sewer and garbage. The resident is responsible for electricity, natural gas, and phone service. Yakama and select buildings in Chief Joseph are connected to the university Ethernet.

    Studio units are only available for graduate students. Graduate Students Apartment choice is limited to studio and 1 bedroom units. Graduate students may not have roommates. Studio units are fully furnished (stove, refrigerator, futon, lounge chair, dresser, and table with chairs) and includes wall to wall carpeting in all areas except kitchen and bathroom.

    Yakama is close to the Stephenson Fitness Center, which includes weight lifting and cardio equipment, two multipurpose group fitness and training rooms, and a small lounge.

  • Apartment Handbook

    Your apartment handbook has the answers to many of your questions. 
    You can view it as a pdf, or as a web page.

  • Take a Virtual Tour



    Yakama Studio

    Yakama One Bedroom

  • Location on Campus

  • Floor Plans

  • Photo Gallery

  • Renters Insurance Information

    Yes! While you may be covered under your parent’s homeowner’s insurance, claims against homeowner’s insurance can be expensive, especially compared to renter’s insurance. Personal property insurance is recommended by WSU. This insurance will cover your belongings if they are accidentally damaged, stolen, vandalized or suffer a loss from water, fire, smoke, etc. It’s very important to purchase coverage (starting at $65 for the year for $2,000 worth of coverage) so that in the event an emergency arises, you will have the funds to replace your items. If a loss occurs, WSU is not responsible. We strongly encourage all students to purchase this insurance as unfortunate situations can and do happen. Here are some common situations that can occur:

    1. Water damage from sprinklers going off
    2. Fire, smoke, explosion, windstorm
    3. Theft
    4. Accidental damage
    5. Vandalism

    To purchase this coverage, please visit the Student Insurance providers website. You can also reach our broker that handles this plan (Haylor, Freyer, & Coon, Inc), at 866-535-0456 or and they’d be happy to answer any questions that you have and help you enroll.

  • Frequently Asked Questions

    • Something broke in my apartment! Who do I contact?

      For Maintenance, problems or concerns should be directed to Housing Maintenance at 509-335-1541.

    • Can I have a Pet in my apartment?

      No animals, birds, or reptiles may be kept, fed, or allowed to visit on or about the premises. If a pet is found in your apartment, your apartment will be notified and fined $100. A second infraction will result in eviction.

      Pets are ONLY allowed to stay in Yakama Village 1, 2 and 3-bedroom units upon submitting the proper paperwork and paying the appropriate fees. For more information about our Pet Policy, click here please see the contracts and policies section or email

    • Can I have an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) in my apartment?

      Yes, all residents may have an Emotional Support Animal in ANY on-campus apartment as long as they are approved with the Access Center. For more information, contact the Access Center at (509)-335-3417.

    • When do I return my keys for my on-campus apartment?

      When your contract has ended and you are completely moved out of your apartment.

    • When I move out, where do I return my keys?

      You may return your keys to the drop box outside of the Streit-Perham Building or to the Housing Reservations Office located in the Streit-Perham Building. We are open Monday through Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM

    • When I move out, where do I return my parking permit?

      You may return your parking permit to WSU Transportation Services. For more information contact, (509)-335-7725.

    • How do I cancel or terminate my contract?

      In order to cancel or terminate your contract, go to and login into your account. Once you have logged in you may enter into your contract. Scroll down to the bottom and click on terminate contract and follow the steps provided to you from there.

    • What does it mean when I cancel my contract?

      When you cancel your contract, you are ending your contract prior to the start date and move in.

    • What does it mean when I terminate my contract?

      When you terminate your contract, you are moving out and ending your contract after the contract start date.

    • How much does an on campus apartment cost?

      You can find this information on our online rate estimator.

    • I am having roommate issues, who do I talk to?

      Your apartment coordinator is a great resource to use when any roommate conflict arises.

    • My neighbors are being disruptive, who do I talk to?

      Your apartment coordinator is a great resource to use when any neighbor conflict arises.

    • Where is my mailbox located?

      Mailboxes are located in each complex at the following locations.   


      Kamiak – Located in street side of F building

      Steptoe – Located near B, F and R buildings


      Terrace – Located near end of 200 and 500 buildings


      Valley Crest – Located near end of A building


      Yakama – Located in front of A & H and in front of laundry rooms in E & L

    • Where is my laundry room located?

      Coin operated laundry facilities are available in your complex. Washers & dryers are not allowed in individual apartments except Yakama if hookups are provided.


      Kamiak – Located in the center of A, B, D, F, G, I, K & L buildings


      Steptoe – Located in the center of B, F & R buildings       


      Terrace – Located at the end of 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, & 600 buildings


      Valley Crest – At the end of A & C buildings         


      Yakama – Located at the end of L building

    • Where is my storage area?

      Kamiak – Storage locker in or next to A, B, D, F, G, I, K & L laundry room

      Steptoe – Storage locker in B, F, L & R buildings         

      Terrace – Storage locker in or next to 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, & 600 laundry room   

      Valley Crest – Storage closet off of the dining room                    

      Yakama – Storage shed on the deck area of each unit (except studios)

    • Can I get a temporary parking permit?

      Yes! Temporary/Guest Permits (for less than 5 days) are available from your apartment coordinator or the Housing Reservations Office in Streit-Perham.

    • How long can visitors stay?

      Visitors can stay for five days total.

    • Can I have a grill or barbeque at my on-campus apartment?

      No grill or barbeque may be used on a deck or within 10 feet of an apartment building.  You may not store any type of propane tank within 10 feet of an apartment building.