Connect to WiFi
- Locate the WiFi settings on your device
- WSU ResNet' for mobile devices (phones)/laptops/desktops
- 'WSU ResNet Guest' for TV's, game consoles, Roku, etc.
- When prompted, enter your credentials. Some of these may be handled automatically:
- Identity/Username: Your NID (your email WITHOUT ‘@wsu.edu’)
- Password: Your MyWSU Password
- CA Certificate: Don’t validate
- Anonymous Identity: Leave blank
- Phase 2 Authentication: None
- EAP Method: PEAP
- IP Settings: DHCP Proxy: None
To see how to set up devices that don’t traditionally play nicely with our network, please visit our how-to guide here. Additional network information can be found on the Network Service Agreement page.
Residential Technology Assistance (RTA) is available to Cougs in residence halls and WSU-owned apartments. We can troubleshoot accessing the internet and TV streaming, using educational technology, making the most of my.wsu.edu, printing, and other common tech issues. Submit a ticket to request help from RTA.
ResNet Support Phone #: 509-335-1586 - This is only answered during normal business hours. If you go to voicemail, you must leave a message including your name (include how to spell your name), your building and room/unit number and a brief description of the problem. The voicemail will create a help desk ticket. Note that support is only offered Monday thru Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM.
You may need to contact an outside vendor for hardware repair, upgrades, and other major issues.
WSU Housing and Residence Life offers SpectrumU, a TV streaming service that allows students to watch live and on-demand content on their smart TV, phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. Learn how to access SpectrumU and review which devices are currently supported.