Streit/Perham Hall is located across the street from Beasley Coliseum on the north side of campus. This active and engaging hall encourages its students to live a balanced lifestyle. Many students enjoy the location of Streit/Perham since it is close to the SRC and athletic facilities. The building theme is wellness, and a portion of the hall programming focuses on educating students about living healthy lifestyles. Streit/Perham also maintains a strong academic presence with free nightly tutoring, study groups and First Year Focus classes. Additionally, residents who choose to purchase a parking pass can enjoy the benefit of ample parking nearby.
My Residence Hall
Residential Education Director
Click to Email
Hall Desk Phone #: 509-335-5925
US Postal Service Letters & Packages Address:
Streit or Perham Hall xxx
PO Box 1700
Pullman, WA 99163
Fed-Ex, UPS, etc. address:
1620 NE Cougar Way xxx
Pullman, WA 99163
1624 NE Cougar Way xxx
Pullman, WA 99163
*Fed-Ex packages sent with "Adult Signature Required" could lead to delays due to a 21 year old signature requirement.
Room layout: Single and double rooms
• Two study lounges in the main lobby
• Free tutoring
• Lounge area and kitchen on each floor
• Streit- 300 students
• Perham- 300 students
• Total- 600 students
• First-year and returning students
• International students
• High population of Greek affiliated students
First Year Focus
Freshmen living in Streit-Perham Halls, a pair of coed halls, will select one of the following First-Year Focus courses: Roots of Contemporary Issues (History 105), Sociology 101, or Geology 101. The classes in these halls provide options appropriate for all majors.
- Floor Plans
Take a Virtual Tour!
- Photo Gallery
- What furniture comes with the room?
All rooms have closets, twin beds, small chests of drawers, desks, and lamps. The rooms have lights over the desks and a ceiling light. Both halls have wall carpeting and remodeled rooms. The beds in both halls can be bunked.
- How long are the bed frames? What is the size of the mattress?
In Streit/Perham, the bed frames are just slightly larger than the bed, which is 36" by 80". The mattresses are 80"L by 36"W. Sheets with deep pockets are advisable.
- Can I use a bed riser in my room to raise the bed off the floor to gain storage space under the bed?
- Can I loft or bunk my bed in this hall?
They can be bunked, not lofted.
- How much space is under the bed?
In both halls the beds can be adjusted so that the bed can be approximately 10", 20" or 30" above the floor depending on your preference. The maximum amount of space under the bed is 32". The beds in Streit/Perham cannot be lofted.
- Where are the mirrors located in my room and in the hall?
Each side of the room has a mirror above a dresser unit next to the closet. In the hallways, there is a full-length mirror near the bathroom.
- What are the dimensions of the dressers?
Both halls have built-in dressers from before remodeling: 22"W by 22"D by H, with 6 drawers to each dresser. Each room has a medicine cabinet over the dresser that measures 19"W by 24"H by 8"D. Also, both halls have an additional set of 3-4 stackable dressers for each resident and each drawer measures: 26 1/8"W x 24"D x 10"H.
- What are the dimensions of the desks?
Streit Perham: 39"W by 35"D on one end and 24"D on the other. The desk has 1 drawer.
- How many outlets are there?
Four, with 2 on each side above the desks.
- Can I bring my own furniture?
Yes, but there is a limited amount of space to put the extra furniture, so it is on a first come, first serve basis. In addition, the Hall Director must inspect the furniture to make sure that it is fire-retardant and safe to have in the hall.
- Is the room carpeted?
- Are there shelves in the room? What are the dimensions of the shelves?
Yes. Two shelves, 37"W by 24"H by 9"D, are above each desk.
- What are the dimensions of my room?
Double rooms are 10'4"W by 15'6"L.
Single rooms are 7'9"W x 15'6"L.
- The singles in Perham are 133, 135, 137, 203, 233, 235, 333, 335, 339, 403, 433, 435, 533, 535, 603, 633, 635, and 639.
- The singles in Streit are 133, 135, 137, 203, 229, 233, 235, 333, 335, 339, 403, 433, 435, 533, 535, 603, 633, 635, and 639.
- What are the dimensions of the windows?
The windows are 5'2"W by 6'H and are hexagonal.
- Are there any rooms in this hall for people with disabilities?
Yes; several are hearing accessible.
- What public facilities in this hall are accessible?
None, although you can access the lobby with a little difficulty.
- Where are the outlets and computer hookups in the rooms?
Typically, the computer outlets are next to the dressers above each desk. The electrical outlets are above each desk.
- How are the common bathrooms arranged?
There is one bathroom on each of the six floors. They are located in the middle of each floor. Each bathroom contains nine sinks, eight stalls and six showers, and one tub.
- Are there study lounges?
In the main lobby, there are two study lounges for students to use. One lounge hosts free tutoring provided by Residence Life and the Academic Success and Career Center. Each floor has one lounge on the floor. The floor lounges normally contain a couch, some chairs, and a table for studying. Both halls have a ground floor lounge that containing tables for studying, furniture for lounging, and recreation equipment for socializing.
- What is the closest residential dining facility to Streit/Perham Hall? Where will most of the people in my hall eat?
Northside Café, which is in Regents Hill Hall right next door.
- What kitchen facilities are available for residents in my hall?
In Perham there is one kitchen, with stove, microwave, refrigerator, and sink, off the main lobby, and there is a microwave in the laundry room on each floor.
In Streit, there is one kitchen, with stove, microwave, refrigerator, and sink, on each floor. Both halls have some pots and pans for use, but you will probably want to bring some of your own.
- Where do residents store their bicycles?
Outside the ground floor, on the north side of Streit and the south side of Perham. There are no inside storage areas in these halls.
- What amenities, such as pool tables, weight rooms, etc., does the hall have?
There are flat-screen TVs in every floor lounge and one in the main lobby. Students have access to both the ground floor lounges in Streit and Perham which includes two pool tables, an air hockey table, a fuse ball table, vending machines, and an ice machine.
- Where can I do my laundry? How much do the washers and dryers cost?
In Streit there is a laundry room in the basement that contains five front-loading washers and eight dryers. Perham has a laundry room on each floor with one front-loading washer and one dryer. There is no cost because each student pays a laundry fee as part of room and board.
- How much common storage space does the hall have and where is it located?
Each building has a small storage room in the basement, and floors 2, 3, 5, 6 in each hall has a small space for storage as well.
- What are the dimensions of the closets?
The closets are 37"W by 24"D by 80"H, with overhead cabinets 58"W by 24"D by 22"H.
- Should I get renter's insurance when I live in University Housing?
Yes! While you may be covered under your parent’s homeowner’s insurance, claims against homeowner’s insurance can be expensive, especially compared to renter’s insurance. Personal property insurance is recommended by WSU. This insurance will cover your belongings if they are accidentally damaged, stolen, vandalized or suffer a loss from water, fire, smoke, etc. It’s very important to purchase coverage (starting at $65 for the year for $2,000 worth of coverage) so that in the event an emergency arises, you will have the funds to replace your items. If a loss occurs, WSU is not responsible. We strongly encourage all students to purchase this insurance as unfortunate situations can and do happen. Here are some common situations that can occur:
1. Water damage from sprinklers going off
2. Fire, smoke, explosion, windstorm
4. Accidental damage
To purchase this coverage, please visit www.studentinsuranceprograms.com/pp . You can also reach our broker that handles this plan (Haylor, Freyer, & Coon, Inc), at 866-535-0456 or firstname.lastname@example.org and they’d be happy to answer any questions that you have and help you enroll.
- What can I use to hang posters and pictures on the walls in this hall? What can I not use?
Please use blue painters tape for posters, and 3M Command strips to hang pictures. If you use 3M Command strips, please do not remove the strips; our staff will remove them over the summer if the room needs to be painted. Please do not use double-sided mounting products, permanent mounting products, blue mounting putty, tacks or push pins, masking tape, or duct tape. Streit/Perham has several walls with wall carpeting; please use tacks and pins on these walls, never use 3M Command strips.
- Can I bring my own microwave?
No, because the electrical capacity of the hall cannot handle individual microwaves. You can rent a Microfridge from us at check-in, first come, first serve.
- What furniture comes with the room?
- Bed Lofting and Bunking Instructions