Dates and News
2016-2017 Important Dates (all halls stay open for breaks)
- RDA Dollars can be added - Sept. 26 - Dec. 17
- Thanksgiving Break - Nov. 20, 10am - Nov. 26, 10am
- Fall Hall Close - Dec. 17 @ 10am
- Semester Break - Dec. 17, 10am - Jan. 4, 10am
- Spring Hall Open - Jan. 4 @ 10am
- RDA Dollars can be added - Feb 12 - May 5
- Spring Break - Mar. 13-17
- Spring Hall Close - May 6 @ 5pm
2017-2018 Important Dates (all halls stay open for breaks)
- Halls Open - 8/12, 8am
- RDA Dollars can be added - Sept. 25 - Dec. 16
- Thanksgiving Break - Nov. 19, 10am - Nov. 25, 10am
- Fall Hall Close - Dec. 16 @ 10am
- Semester Break - Dec. 16, 10am - Jan. 3, 10am
- Spring Hall Open - Jan. 3 @ 10am
- RDA Dollars can be added - Feb 11 - May 5
- Spring Break - Mar. 12-16
- Spring Hall Close - May 5 @ 5pm
News and Announcements
A new survey ranks Washington State University as the safest campus in America among schools in the “power 5” athletic conferences and the fifth safest campus in the United States overall. Some of the country’s largest schools are in Power 5 athletic conferences which include the Pac-12, Atlantic Coast Conference, Big Ten, Big 12 and Southeastern Conference.
The survey was administered by the National Council for Home Safety and Security, a national trade association comprised of licensed alarm installers, contractors, and trade groups across the United States. Its goal is to further industry education and public knowledge about home safety and security.
According to the Council, the survey rankings are based on the most recent data from the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting and the National Center for Education Statistics. Included in the statistics are criminal crimes, violence against women, arrests, and local crimes. More than 2,000 four-year colleges and universities with enrollments of 15,000 students or more were assessed. Top-ranked colleges boast low overall crime rates off-campus as well as on-campus.
The University of New Hampshire was ranked as the nation’s safest college for 2017. In the Pac-12 of which WSU is a member, the University of Colorado in Boulder has the next-best ranking at #55. A total of five Pac-12 schools are included in the Top 100. Just last month, Pullman was ranked as one of the top 10 safest cities in Washington by two separate surveys. To view the Top 100 safest schools, visit https://www.alarms.org/safest-colleges-2017/.