Housing and Residential Life
COVID-19 Housing Updates
Spring 2021 WSU Housing Expanded Capacity
Info for Current Residence Hall Students:
- Masks/Face coverings are required whenever you are leaving your personal room in the residence halls (this means any time you step into the hallway). Masks are also required outside buildings when physical distancing (6ft) cannot be maintained.
- You must complete the COVID self-attestation prior to leaving your residence hall room. You will be required to show a completed attestation when you’re at the hall desk, at the dining center, and entering other buildings on campus.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people at all times. Keeping space between you and others is one of the best tools to avoid exposure to the COVID-19 virus and slow its spread. Since people can spread the virus before they know they are sick, it is important to avoid close contact with others whenever possible, even if you have no symptoms.
- Do not gather in groups inside the hall. Here in Whitman County, if you are outside the hall, gatherings of up to 10 people are allowed. Please make sure everyone is masked and maintaining physical distancing.
- Only hall residents and staff are allowed in the residence halls. Please plan to meet any guests outside.
- We’re here for you! You have a Resident Advisor (RA) that is excited to connect and engage (albeit mostly virtually) and a Residential Education Director (RED) to help get you get engaged and be successful this semester.
Guest and Common Space Policy
Fall 2020 WSU Housing Communication:
- Guest Policy updates email (Sent September 23, 2020)
- Important information regarding Fall 2020 (Sent July 23, 2020)
- We Hear Your Concerns: Housing and Addendum Information (Sent July 7, 2020)
- Housing Residence Hall Decisions sent to students (Sent July 1, 2020)
- New Coug Experience: Information about health and safety, dining, student centers and more (Sent June 26, 2020)
Guest policy, effective Sept. 23:
You can have one guest from your residence hall within your room. You must be able to maintain 6 ft of physical distance while in your room and must wear masks. Read details regarding our guest policy stages here.
Common space policy, effective Sept. 30:
You can reserve common spaces such as lounges and TV rooms for you and other students from your residence hall. There will be limits on group size based on occupancy. Physical distancing and masks are required and you will need to disinfect the space after use with the cleaning supplies provided. Kitchens remain unavailable until Stage 3. Read details regarding our common area policy stages here.