Scott/Coman Hall, located on the north side of campus, is a co-ed community of nearly 300 students and serves as the Scholar’s Hall. Students living in Scott/Coman Hall have the opportunity to live and learn according to the Scholar’s Code. With the code, student can expect to have a safe community to develop leadership skills and refine academic focus.
My Residence Hall
Residential Education Director
509-335-2123 Click to Email
Hall Desk Phone #: 509-335-3109
US Postal Service Letters & Packages Address:
Scott or Coman Hall xxx
PO Box 1700
Pullman, WA 99163
Fed-Ex, UPS, etc. address:
1320 NE Cougar Way xxx
Pullman WA 99163
1310 NE Cougar Way xxx
Pullman WA 99163
Room Layout: Single and double rooms
• Pool table
• Foosball table
• Air hockey table
• Two pianos
• Two TV lounges
• 24 hour study lounges
• Refurbished in 2010
• Approximately 240 students
• First and second year students
First Year Focus
Freshmen living in Scott/Coman Halls, a pair of coed Scholars/Global Learning Community halls, will select one of the following First-Year Focus courses: Roots of Contemporary Issues (History 105), Sociology 101, or English 101. Classes in this hall provide options appropriate for all majors.
- Floor Plans
Take a Virtual Tour!
- Photo Gallery
- What furniture comes with the room?
All rooms have a large closet, which residents share, lofted beds, small chests of drawers, desks, and lamps, shelves, chairs.
- How long are the bed frames? What is the size of the mattress?
The bed frames are 85"L by 38"W. The mattresses are 80"L by 36"W. Sheets with deep pockets are advisable.
- Can I use a bed riser in my room to raise the bed off the floor to gain storage space under the bed?
- Where are the mirrors in my room and in the hall?
Each room has a mirror above a dresser unit between the closets. In the hallways, there is a full-length mirror outside the bathroom.
- Can I loft or bunk my bed in this hall?
Yes, and you can follow the tool-free bed user guide. The lofting kits, if not used, must stay in the room as there is no additional space in the hall to store them.
- How much space is under the bed?
Varies, the beds are lofted. The maximum space under the bed when lofted is: 56 ¾". The maximum amount of space under the bed in the unlofted position is 31".
- What are the dimensions of the dressers?
The dressers are 42" high by 24" deep, with 8 drawers. The dressers are attached to one another.
- What are the dimensions of the desks?
42"W by 24"D with one small drawer plus a mobile pedestal with one drawer and one file drawer.
- How many outlets are there?
There are 2 plugs each in 4 outlets, for a total of 8.
- Can I bring my own furniture?
Yes and no. It depends on the amount of space available in storage.
- Is the room carpeted?
- Are there shelves in the room? What are the dimensions of the shelves?
Only as part of the desks, and they are 36" wide by 7½" deep.
- What are the dimensions of my room?
Double rooms are 13'8" wide by 14'7" long. Single rooms are 14'7" wide by 8'4" long.
- What are the dimensions of the windows?
The windows are 13' wide by 3'1" high.
- Are there any rooms in this hall for people with disabilities?
- Are public facilities in this hall accessible?
Not really, but the access to the floors is via ramps.
- Where are the outlets and computer hookups in the rooms?
Of the outlets, two are by the window, next to the desks, one is by the cabinet, and one is by the door. The computer hookup is next to the dresser.
- How are the common bathrooms arranged?
There are bathrooms on each floor with individual shower stalls. Only men can use the men's bathrooms and only women can use the women's bathrooms.
- Are there study lounges?
Yes. There are two formal lounges that are reserved for studying.
- Where do residents store their bicycles?
Under Regents inside a cage and on wall-mounted racks. There are no inside storage areas in these halls.
- What is the closest residential dining facility to Scott/Coman Hall? Where will most of the people in my hall eat?
Northside Café, which is right next door in Regents.
- What kitchen facilities are available for residents in my hall?
Every floor has a microwave in the laundry room. There is one full kitchen, with microwave, oven, refrigerator and sink, on 2nd floor in each building in the lounge. The hall has some pots and pans for use, but you will probably want to bring some of your own.
- What amenities, such as pool tables, weight rooms, etc., does the hall have?
The hall has a pool table, a Foosball table, two pianos, and two TV lounges. Additionally the hall has two 24 hour quiet study lounges located on the first floor of each hall that students can use to do homework, or reserve for study groups.
- Where can I do my laundry? How much do the washers and dryers cost?
Every floor in Scott/Coman has a front-loading washer and dryer for residents' use. The fee to use them is included in your housing and dining bill.
- How much common storage space does the hall have and where is it located?
Not much; there is one small room off the lobby in each building for storage.
- What are the dimensions of the closets?
The closets are 88"H by 81"W by 2'D.
- Should I get renter's insurance when I live in University Housing?
Yes! While you may be covered under your parent’s homeowner’s insurance, claims against homeowner’s insurance can be expensive, especially compared to renter’s insurance. Personal property insurance is recommended by WSU. This insurance will cover your belongings if they are accidentally damaged, stolen, vandalized or suffer a loss from water, fire, smoke, etc. It’s very important to purchase coverage (starting at $65 for the year for $2,000 worth of coverage) so that in the event an emergency arises, you will have the funds to replace your items. If a loss occurs, WSU is not responsible. We strongly encourage all students to purchase this insurance as unfortunate situations can and do happen. Here are some common situations that can occur:
1. Water damage from sprinklers going off
2. Fire, smoke, explosion, windstorm
4. Accidental damage
To purchase this coverage, please visit www.studentinsuranceprograms.com/pp . You can also reach our broker that handles this plan (Haylor, Freyer, & Coon, Inc), at 866-535-0456 or firstname.lastname@example.org and they’d be happy to answer any questions that you have and help you enroll.
- What can I use to hang posters and pictures on the walls in this hall? What can I not use?
Please use blue painters tape for posters, and 3M Command strips to hang pictures. If you use 3M Command strips, please do not remove the strips; our staff will remove them over the summer if the room needs to be painted. Please do not use double-sided mounting products, permanent mounting products, blue mounting putty, tacks or push pins, masking tape, or duct tape. Scott/Coman has several walls with wall carpeting; please use tacks and pins on these walls, never use 3M Command strips.
- Can I bring my own microwave?
No, because the electrical capacity of the hall cannot handle individual microwaves. You can rent a Microfridge from us at check-in, first come, first serve.
- What furniture comes with the room?
- Bed Lofting and Bunking Instructions