Scott/Coman Hall, located on the north side of campus, is a co-ed community of nearly 300 students and serves as the Scholar’s Hall. Students living in Scott/Coman Hall have the opportunity to live and learn according to Scholar’s Code as well as an participate in the many hall activities. Scott/Coman is also home to the First Scholar’s Learning Community in partnership with the First Scholar’s Program and the Office for Access, Equity, and Achievement.
▼My Residence Hall
Residential Education Director
Click to Email
US Postal Service Address:
PO Box 1700
Scott or Coman Hall xxx
Pullman, WA 99163
Fed-Ex, UPS, etc. address:
1320 NE Colorado St xxx
Pullman WA 99163
1310 NE Colorado St xxx
Pullman WA 99163
Scott and Coman Halls
Hall Desk Phone #: 509-335-3109
Walking time to the CUB: 7 minutes
Walking time to the Rec. Center: 8 minutes
- ▼Room AmenitiesScott/Coman Halls, refurbished in 2010, feature some of the largest double rooms on campus, with some singles available. New furniture, new carpeting, new drapes and bathroom upgrades mean you'll live comfortably and in style at Scott/Coman!
- ▼Building FeaturesWireless is available in all areas of Scott/Coman Halls and for recreation, Scott/Coman has a pool table, a foosball table, an air hockey table, two pianos and two TV lounges. Each floor in Scott/Coman has a washer and dryer for residential use. The halls are located near WSU's extensive physical education and recreational facilities. Residents will probably dine most often at Northside Café, located right next door.
- ▼First Year FocusFreshmen living in Scott/Coman Halls, a pair of coed Scholars/Global Learning Community halls, will select one of the following First-Year Focus courses: Environmental Science 101 or English 101. Classes in this hall provide options appropriate for all majors.
- ▼Floor Plans
- ▼Photo Gallery
- What furniture comes with the room?
All rooms have closets, lofted beds, small chests of drawers, desks, and lamps, shelves, chairs.
- How long are the bed frames? What is the size of the mattress?
The bed frames are 85" L by 38" W. The mattresses are 80" L by 36" W. Sheets with deep pockets are advisable.
- Can I use a bed riser in my room to raise the bed off the floor to gain storage space under the bed?
- Where are the mirrors in my room and in the hall?
Each room has a mirror above a dresser unit between the closets. In the hallways, there is a full-length mirror outside the bathroom.
- How much space is under the bed?
Varies, the beds are lofted. The maximum space under the bed when lofted is: 56 ¾ inches. The maximum amount of space under the bed in the unlofted position is 31".
- What are the dimensions of the dressers?
The dressers are 42" high by 24" deep, with 8 drawers. The dressers are attached to one another.
- What are the dimensions of the desks?
42" W by 24" D with one small drawer plus a mobile pedestal with one drawer and one file drawer.
- How many outlets are there?
There are 2 plugs each in 4 outlets, for a total of 8.
- Can I bring my own furniture?
Yes and no. It depends on the amount of space available in storage.
- Is the room carpeted?
- Are there shelves in the room? What are the dimensions of the shelves?
Only as part of the desks, and they are 36" wide by 7½ deep.
- What are the dimensions of my room?
Double rooms are 13'8" wide by 14'7" long. Single rooms are 14'7" wide by 8'4" long.
- What are the dimensions of the windows?
The windows are 13' wide by 3'1" high.
- Are there any rooms in this hall for people with disabilities?
- Are public facilities in this hall accessible?
Not really, but the access to the floors is via ramps.
- Where are the outlets and computer hookups in the rooms?
Of the outlets, two are by the window, next to the desks, one is by the cabinet, and one is by the door. The computer hookup is next to the dresser.
- How are the common bathrooms arranged?
There are bathrooms on each floor with individual shower stalls. Only men can use the men's bathrooms and only women can use the women's bathrooms.
- Are there study lounges?
Yes. There are two formal lounges that are reserved for studying.
- Where do residents store their bicycles?
Under Regents inside a cage and on wall-mounted racks. There are no inside storage areas in these halls.
- What is the closest residential dining facility to Scott/Coman Hall? Where will most of the people in my hall eat?
Northside Café, which is right next door in Regents.
- What amenities, such as pool tables, weight rooms, etc., does the hall have?
We have a pool table, a foosball table, two pianos, and two TV lounges.
- Where can I do my laundry? How much do the washers and dryers cost?
Every floor in Scott/Coman has a front-loading washer and dryer for residents' use. The fee to use them is included in your housing and dining bill.
- How much common storage space does the hall have and where is it located?
Not much; there is one small room off the lobby in each building for storage.
- What are the dimensions of the closets?
The closets are 88" H by 81" W by 2' D.
- ▼Bed Lofting and Bunking Instructions
- ▼Room Amenities