Rogers Hall offers the convenience and social opportunities of residence hall life. Every room has a Microfridge and each floor has a full kitchen. It is located on the south side of campus and for the 2015-16 academic year, is not age restricted. The hall is co-ed by floor, and is open for occupancy during all breaks.
▼My Residence Hall
Residential Education Director
Click to Email
US Postal Service Address:
Rogers Hall xxx
PO Box 1700
Pullman, WA 99163
Fed-Ex, UPS, etc. address:
1355 SE Olympia Ave xxx
Pullman WA 99163
Hall Desk Phone #: 509-335-4070
Walking time to the CUB: 10 minutes
Walking time to the Rec. Center: 15 minutes
- ▼Room AmenitiesMost floors are co-ed by wing with a few single gender floors. All single rooms have closets, one twin bed, one set of three drawers, one desk and chair, and track lighting. All double rooms have one closet per person, two sets of three drawers, two sets of desk and chair, and track lighting.
- ▼Building Features
All floors have full kitchen and a microfridge is provided in each Rogers room at no additional cost. Rogers Hall has two pool tables, one big screen TV, a VCR, a piano and a fireplace. Board games are available at the front desk and each floor has a washer and dryer shared by the residents of that floor. Use of these machines is included in the housing and dining contract.
To provide students on the south side of campus with more convenient fitness options, University Recreation has partnered with Housing & Residence Life to create the Down Under Fitness Center in Stephenson Complex. Approximately 3,800 square feet will be dedicated to weight lifting and cardio equipment. The new fitness center will also include two multipurpose group fitness and training rooms. These rooms will also be used for Residence Life programming and events. Opening for the start of fall semester 2015, the fitness center will be accessible by CougarCard to students who pay the Student Recreation Center mandatory fee, or by elected membership.
- ▼First Year FocusFreshmen living in Rogers Hall, a coed hall, will select one of the following First-Year Focus courses: English 101, Music 161, or Geology 101. These courses provide options appropriate for all majors.
- ▼Floor Plans
- ▼Take a Virtual Tour!
- ▼Photo Gallery
- What furniture comes with the room?
All single rooms have closets, one twin bed, one set of three drawers, one desk and chair, and track lighting. All double rooms have one closet per person, two sets of three drawers, two sets of desk and chair, and track lighting.
- How long are the bed frames? What is the size of the mattress?
The bed frames are 85"L by 38"W. The mattresses are 80"L by 36"W. Sheets with deep pockets are advisable.
- Can I loft or bunk my bed in this hall?
No, because of the track lighting along the walls.
- How much space is under the bed?
Since the beds cannot be lofted or bunked in Rogers, because of the track lighting in the rooms, the beds can only be raised in the highest setting, which creates about 30" under the bed.
- Can I use a bed riser in my room to raise the bed off the floor to gain storage space under the bed?
- Where are the mirrors in my room and in the hall?
There is a full-length mirror on one closet in each room and a full-length mirror on each elevator landing.
- What are the dimensions of the desks?
The desk is 42" wide by 24" deep, with one computer keyboard drawer, and two mobile file pedestals (16"W x 22¼"D X 24 1/8"H) that can fit under the desks.
- What are the dimensions of the dressers?
The dressers are 3 separate stacking drawers, each measures 26 1/8"W x 24"D x 10"H.
- How many outlets are there?
Four double outlets.
- Can I bring my own furniture?
No. Rogers does not have enough storage space to store any of the furniture already in the rooms.
- Is the room carpeted?
- Are there shelves in the room? What are the dimensions of the shelves?
Yes, there are two sets of shelves, 48" wide and 28" high.
- What are the dimensions of my room?
The rooms are 10' wide by 16'8" long.
- What are the dimensions of the windows?
Windows are 8' wide by 4' tall. A section 2'6" wide by 4 feet tall opens for fresh air.
- Are there any rooms in this hall for people with disabilities?
Yes; several are wheelchair or hearing accessible.
- What public facilities in this hall are accessible?
The public facilities in Rogers include the front desk during normal operating hours, a public restroom and the main lobby area, all of which can be reached via the main entrance.
- Where are the outlets and computer hookups in the rooms?
There are 4 outlets and then a small outlet built into the lights under the shelves. They are in the same place on each wall, 3 on each wall. The first is on the wall just to the side of the closets, about four feet up on the wall. The second set, one on each side of the room, are about two feet up from the floor and about three feet from the window under the built-in wall shelving.
There are two computer hookups in the room which are directly under the wall shelving, tucked about 6 inches from the wall with the window, but only one side is active due to single occupancy.
- How are the common bathrooms arranged?
There are two bathrooms per floor separated by gender. Three stalls per bathroom.
- Are there study lounges?
Yes. There is a study lounge on each floor.
- Where do residents store their bicycles?
In an uncovered outside bike rack on the East side of the building. There are no indoor storage locations in Rogers.
- What amenities, such as pool tables, weight rooms, etc., does the hall have?
The hall has two pool tables, one big screen TV and VCR, a piano, fireplace and games that can be checked out from the desk.
- Where can I do my laundry? How much do the washers and dryers cost?
You can wash your laundry on your floor, as 1 front-loading washer and dryer are provided on each floor, as well as in the laundry room located on the 1st floor of Rogers Hall. The cost of washers and dryers is built into the room and board rate.
- What is the closest residential dining facility to Rogers Hall? Where will most of the people in my hall eat?
Southside Café. A Microfridge is provided in each room in the hall and a full kitchen, with a stove, sink, and microwave is available on each floor.
- What kitchen facilities are available for residents in my hall?
Every floor has its own full kitchen with oven, microwave, refrigerator, and sink. The hall has some pots and pans for use, but you will probably want to bring some of your own.
- How much common storage space does the hall have and where is it located?
Not much; there is one very small room on 12th floor available for storage.
- What are the dimensions of the closets?
The closet is 44.6" wide by 23" deep by 80" high. Another foot of storage space is available above the closet as well.
- Should I get renter's insurance when I live in University Housing?
Yes! While you may be covered under your parent’s homeowner’s insurance, claims against homeowner’s insurance can be expensive, especially compared to renter’s insurance. Personal property insurance is recommended by WSU. This insurance will cover your belongings if they are accidentally damaged, stolen, vandalized or suffer a loss from water, fire, smoke, etc. It’s very important to purchase coverage (starting at $65 for the year for $2,000 worth of coverage) so that in the event an emergency arises, you will have the funds to replace your items. If a loss occurs, WSU is not responsible. We strongly encourage all students to purchase this insurance as unfortunate situations can and do happen. Here are some common situations that can occur:
1. Water damage from sprinklers going off
2. Fire, smoke, explosion, windstorm
4. Accidental damage
To purchase this coverage, please visit www.studentinsuranceprograms.com/pp . You can also reach our broker that handles this plan (Haylor, Freyer, & Coon, Inc), at 866-535-0456 or email@example.com and they’d be happy to answer any questions that you have and help you enroll.
- What can I use to hang posters and pictures on the walls in this hall? What can I not use?
Please use blue painters tape for posters, and 3M Command strips to hang pictures. If you use 3M Command strips, please do not remove the strips; our staff will remove them over the summer if the room needs to be painted. Please do not use double-sided mounting products, permanent mounting products, blue mounting putty, tacks or push pins, masking tape, or duct tape.
- ▼Room Amenities