Waller Hall is an all-men's hall known for its traditionally strong student government.
During the fall semester, Waller hosts an annual Blacklight Dance, serenades our sister halls, and competes in Homecoming Week. During the spring Waller hosts Duchess Week, a series of social activities and mixers to elect and crown the Duchess of Windsor.
▼My Residence Hall
Residential Education Director
Click to Email
US Postal Service Address:
Waller Hall xxx
PO Box 1700
Pullman, WA 99163
Fed-Ex, UPS, etc. address:
230 Nevada St xxx
Pullman WA 99163
Hall Desk Phone #: 509-335-3910
Walking time to the CUB: 5 minutes
Walking time to the Rec. Center: 15 minutes
- ▼Room AmenitiesThe rooms are designed for privacy and flexibility; students have a personal sink and can choose to set their rooms up as double- or single-style dorms. Due to the structure of the rooms, essentially, each student has their own separate space whether the room is designated as a single or a double.
- ▼Building FeaturesFor recreational use, Waller Hall has a number of tables in its' "Gentlemen's Club" including a pool table, a foosball table, a ping-pong table, an air hockey table, a poker table that doubles as a bumper pool table, a full weight room, kitchen, two big screen TV's, a Cinema Room complete with big screen and surround sound, a front desk that checks out board games, and other recreation equipment, a full length basketball court, and three operational fire places. There are 3 washing machines and 4 dryers in the basement.
- ▼First Year FocusFreshmen living in Waller Hall will select one of the following First-Year Focus courses: Roots of Contemporary Issues (History 105) or Human Development 101. These courses will be linked with Wilmer-Davis and Stevens halls, both all female halls, and provide appropriate for all majors.
- ▼Floor Plans
- ▼Photo Gallery
- How long are the bed frames? What is the size of the mattress?
The bed frames are 83½"L by 37"W. The mattresses are 80"L by 36"W. Sheets with deep pockets are advisable.
- Can I loft or bunk my bed in this hall?
You cannot loft the beds in Waller, but you can bunk them. To bunk the beds, please see your Custodial staff for pins.
- How much space is under the bed?
If set in the low position, 12 inches; if set high, 22 or 23 inches.
- Can I use a bed riser in my room to raise the bed off the floor to gain storage space under the bed?
- What furniture comes with the room?
All rooms have closets, twin beds, small chests of drawers, desks, and lamps.
- What are the dimensions of the desks?
The desks are 48"W by 24"D, with 4 drawers.
- What are the dimensions of the dressers?
The dressers are 30"H by 30"W by 21"D, with 3 drawers.
- How many outlets are there?
Typically 2 outlets (4 plugs total) some rooms have 4 outlets (8 plugs).
- Can I bring my own furniture?
Storing furniture is usually not allowed, but in Waller there is some storage of odd furniture in the summer storage area. You can bring your own furniture if you desire.
- Is the room carpeted?
- Are there shelves in the room? What are the dimensions of the shelves?
No, there is only a bookshelf above the desk.
- What are the dimensions of my room?
Waller has a number of different room types varying in shape, size, and whether they were designed for one person or two. Most, but not all, of the rooms have sinks. Here is a listing of the room types, dimensions, and window measurements. The measurements were taken from an architectural program and may be off by a couple of inches. Windows are approximately 3'5"W by 5'4"H, except as noted.
Room type 1, double with 2 rooms, 9'7"W by 11'8"L and 8'5"W by 11'8"L. Rooms: 41/41A, 141/141A, 241/241A, 341/341A, and 441/441A.
Room type 2, double, with 2 rooms, 9'2"W by 11'10"L and 8'10"W by 11'10"L. Rooms: 43/43A, 103/103A, 143/143A, 203/203A, 243/243A, 303/303A, 343/343A, 403/403A, and 443/443A.
Room type 3, double, with 2 rooms, 10'6"W by 12'L and 8'7"W by 12'L. Rooms: 101/101A, 201/201A, 301/301A, and 401/401A.
Room type 4, double, with 2 rooms, 11'8"W by 11'10"L and 9'2"W by 11'8"L; windows are 5'8"W by 5'H, 3'5"W by 5'H, and 3'5"W by 5'H. Rooms: 42/42A, 142/142A, 242/242A, 342/342A, and 442/442A.
Room type 5, double, with 2 rooms, 12' W by 8'3" L and 9' W by 11'9" L. Rooms: 102/102A, 202/202A, 302/302A, and 402/402A.
Room type 6, single, 9'7"W by 11'10"L. Rooms: 44, 47, 104, 107, 144, 147, 204, 207, 244, 247, 304, 307, 344, 347, 404, 407, and 447.
Room type 7, double, with 2 rooms, 9'11"W by 11'10"L and 10'5"W by 11'10"L. Rooms: 45/45A, 46/46A, 105/105A, 106/106A, 145/145A, 146/146A, 205/205A, 206/206A, 244/244A, 246/246A, 305/305A, 306/306A, 344/344A, 346/346/A, 405/405A, 406/406A, 444/444A, and 446/446A.
Room type 8, single, 7'10"W by 11'9"L. Rooms: 108, 148, 248, 348, and 448.
Room type 9, double, with 2 rooms, 10'4"W by 11'8"L and 10'8"W by 9'11"L. Rooms: 225/225A, 229/229A, 325/325A, and 329/329A.
Room type 10, single, 10'6"W by 11'8"L. Rooms: 221, 223, 224, 228, 321, 323, 324, and 327.
Room type 11, double, with 2 rooms, 8'4"W by 11'9"L and 11'9"W by 11'9"L, with windows 5'8"W by 5'9"H. Rooms: 226/226A and 326/326A
Room type 12, double, with 2 rooms, 9'8"W by 11'8"L. Rooms: 222/222A, 227/227A, 322/322A, and 328/328A.
Room type 13, single, 10'6"W by 10'6"L. Rooms: 421, 422, 423, 424, and 425
Room type 14, double with 2 rooms, 11'9"W by 10'7"L and 8'4"W by 10'7"L. Rooms: 426/426A, 427/427A and 428/428A
Room type, 15, single, 10'2"W by 9'1"L. Room: 429
- Does my room come with a sink?
In most, but not all. The rooms with sinks are 108, 148, 224, 248, 348, 421, 422, 424, 425, 426, 427, 428, 429, 448, and every room with an "A", except 422A; e.g. 41A, 42A, etc.
- Are there any rooms in this hall for people with disabilities?
- What public facilities in this hall are accessible?
None; although it is possible to get into the lobby with some assistance.
- Where are the outlets and computer hookups in the rooms?
The electrical outlets are on either side of the room by the doors that lead into the second room in each double. In the singles, the outlets are in the same place. The computer outlets are next to one of the electrical outlets. Bringing an extension chord will diminish any restriction of personal setup.
- How are the bathrooms arranged?
The bathroom to student ratio is about 7-1. (7 residents to every one bathroom) Waller is broken in to 12 corridors; each corridor has 1-2 showers, stalls, and sinks.
- Are there study lounges?
Every floor has a study lounge and there is an additional study lounge in the Lobby. There are also tables and chairs in the lobby, rec. room, and laundry room for optional group study areas.
- Where do residents store their bicycles?
In room 28, the door at the bottom of the stairs in the south stairwell, Waller has a room in which 20-30 bikes can be stored. See the hall staff for more info. Waller also has a bike rack out back.
- Can I bring my own microwave?
- What is the closest residential dining facility? Where will most of the people in my hall eat
- What kitchen facilities are available for residents in my hall?
There is one kitchen, with stove, microwave, toasters, refrigerator, and sink, in the basement. The lounges in the south wing on 2, 3, & 4 all have microwaves. The hall has some pots and pans for use, but you will probably want to bring some of your own.
- What amenities, such as pool tables, weight rooms, etc., does the hall have?
Pool Table, foosball table, ping pong table, full weight room, kitchen, two big screen TV's, Front Desk that checks out board games, balls, and other recreation equipment, full length basketball court, volleyball net, two operation fire places.
- Where can I do my laundry? How much do the washers and dryers cost?
Waller has 3 front-loading washers and 4 dryers located in the basement. The room is only accessible to residents in Waller. Washer and dryer fee is included in housing payment, so residents can use laundry room 24-7 (no quarters needed). Residents must use their own laundry soap and fabric sheets.
- How much common storage space does the hall have and where is it located?
There is a large room in the basement for storage.
- What are the dimensions of the closets?
The closets are 34" wide by 62" high by 2' deep. Two upper storage cabinets are above the closets and 2 drawers are below.
- How long are the bed frames? What is the size of the mattress?
- ▼Room Amenities